Joy Mead Garden and Cloister
Home | Village Hall | Joy Mead | Church | Neighbourhood Watch | Parish Council

Community Information | The Kings Arms | History Society

 

BROWSE:

History of the Gardens

The Garden's Rules from 1922

The Joy Mead Committee & bookings contact

2017 Mowing rota

 



 

The Garden and Cloister

The Joy Mead Gardens are a fantastic resource available to all who live in the village. This delightful place is a hidden garden with stone cloisters and a small temple with a large lawn area where villagers can go to relax or to the various events which are held there each year. The gardens can be found by going through the wrought iron gate set into a stone arch on the right hand side of Main Street as you walk away from the church.

The gardens were created by the Agnew family in 1922 to commemorate their two children who had died through illness and injuries from the Great War. The Gardens have been left in trust to the village to be enjoyed by the villagers and are managed by a Committee of trustees for that purpose.

The Joy Mead can be hired for private events and makes a very special venue for weddings. For more information please contact Debbie Mason (Chair of the Committee) on 01327 361576.


Home | Village Hall | Joy Mead | Church | Neighbourhood Watch | Parish Council>

Community Information | The Kings Arms | History Society